Need to Apply for Unemployment?
UnemploymentClaims.org provides access to beneficial services during your time of unemployment.
Enter your Zip Code to get started:
The Unemployment Insurance (UI) program was created to help individuals financially while they find a job.
In order to be eligible to receive UI benefits, individuals must comply with several requirements.
Individuals must be:
- Able and available to work.
- Actively seeking employment.
- Unemployed due to no fault of your own.
What happens if I’m fired, laid off or if I quit?
You must report if you are fired, quit your job or refuse work to the Kansas Department of Labor, so a determination of eligibility for UI benefits can be made.
When you file a claim, your employer will be mailed a “Notice of Filing” to verify the reason you have stated as to why you are no longer working. The Department will have the final say regarding your eligibility for benefits.
There is no penalty or reduction in Unemployment Insurance benefits if you are laid off.
If you are a student, please check: https://www.getkansasbenefits.gov/.
You need to provide proper documentation and information.
- Social Security number
- Home mailing address
- Phone number
- Email address
- The county in which you live
- Driver’s license number or ID card
- Employment authorization number and expiration date (if a non-citizen)
- DD-214, Member 4 form (if you were active duty military within the past 18 months)
- Form SF-50, W-2 and check stubs (if you were a federal employee within the past 18 months)
You will also need to provide information regarding your job(s):
- Company name for all your employers from the past 18 months as it appears on your paycheck stub or W-2 form
- Complete mailing address for those employers
- Start and end dates with each employer you worked for in the past 18 months
- Total wages earned with each employer and how you were paid (hourly, weekly or monthly)
- Reason for leaving each of those employers (quit, fired, laid off or leave of absence)
Filing a Claim
You can apply for UI benefits online or over the phone.
You can apply online if:
You are filing a new application for unemployment
You need to open your claim again and you have worked since the last time you filed
To apply online, visit: https://www.getkansasbenefits.gov/.
To apply over the phone, call the Kansas Unemployment Contact Center.
You must file your UI by phone if:
You worked in any other state than Kansas in the past 18 months.
You filed an unemployment claim with another state in the past 12 months.
You were in the military service or were federal employee in the past 18 months.
To call the Unemployment Contact Center:
- Kansas City: 913-596-3500
- Topeka: 785-575-1460
- Wichita: 316-383-9947
- Toll-free: 800-292-6333
You should continue to file weekly claims every Sunday or Monday (until 7 p.m.) to remain eligible and keep receiving UI benefits.
If you have any questions, call the Unemployment Contact Center at800-292-6333.
- Kansas Unemployment Resources
To file an Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim, you must meet all eligibility requirements…
To apply for Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits, you must provide the appropriate documentation…
To apply for Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits, you must fulfill eligibility requirements, provide…
Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits are funded 100 percent through the State UI Trust…
You must certify Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits each week to keep receiving payments….
The unemployment rate in Kansas as of January 2014 is 4.8 percent. The…
Department of Labor
401 S.W. Topeka Blvd.
Topeka, KS 66603-3182
UI Benefit Payment Control:…