Need to Apply for Unemployment? provides access to beneficial services during your time of unemployment. Enter your Zip Code to get started:

Oklahoma Unemployment

The Unemployment Insurance (UI) program is a social insurance that provides a temporary source of income for unemployed individuals created to alleviate the economic difficulties resulting from unemployment. The UI is paid by employers through unemployment taxes. No deductions are made from your wages to pay UI.

This program is administered by the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission (OESC), which is designed to help you look for another job. The Unemployment Insurance will pay you benefits during your unemployed time.

In order to be eligible you must:

  • Be totally or partially unemployed.
  • Be unemployed through no fault of your own
  • Be able and available to work.
  • Be actively seeking work.
  • Have worked and received enough wages during the last 18 months.
  • Have earned at least $1,500 from an insured employer and your total wages are at least 1.5 times your highest calendar quarter during the claim’s base period.
  • Register with Employment Services within seven days of filing the initial claim.
  • Have conducted two work search activities each week, which will be subjected to verification.
  • Have not refused work during the week you are claiming.
  • Report all work performed and all earnings received.

If you wish to apply, you will require the following information:

  • Your Social Security Number
  • Name, address and telephone number of your most recent employer
  • The accurate dates you worked for your last employer
  • Your Alien registration number (if not a U.S. citizen)
  • DD Form 214 if you served in the military in the last 18 months
  • Oklahoma driver’s license or ID card number
  • Name of the company were you last worked or are working part-time
  • Complete mailing address of the company
  • Company’s phone number and supervisor’s name
  • The reason you are no longer working with the company or your hours were reduced
  • Name of all your previous employers in the last 18 months as they appear on your check stub or W-2 form
  • Period of employment for each employer
  • Wages earned and the payment method (hourly, weekly, monthly); you will also need to meet all eligibility requirements

You may be not eligible if you:

  • Were discharged or fired for misconduct.
  • Voluntarily quit without good cause.
  • Are not able and available for work.
  • Are not a U.S. citizen.
  • Do not participate in reemployment services.
  • Are self-employed.
  • Are involved in a strike.
  • Are not actively looking for work.
  • Refuse suitable work.

TAA Claim

TAA is Federal Trade Adjustment Assistance which pays benefits to workers who lose their jobs or if their working hours have been reduced as a result of increased imports. If you worked for an employer that was impacted by TAA, you will be notified if you are potentially eligible.

TRA Claim

Trade Adjustment Allowance is an extension of your weekly UI benefits. You must be enrolled in a TAA approved training within eight weeks after certification or within 16 weeks after your last qualifying separation to receive TRA. In order to be eligible for TRA, you must exhaust all rights to any state unemployment. Once you have consumed your basic TRA benefits you may request additional TRA weeks if you are still in a TAA approved training.

Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA)

Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) is a program to individuals who are unemployed as a result of a major disaster. To be eligible you must meet the following requirements:

  • You must be unemployed as a direct result of a major disaster declared by the President of the United States.
  • You must file an initial application for DUA within 30 days of the state announcement of the availability of assistance.
  • The wages used to calculate your weekly amount must meet the applicable State UI benefit criteria.

For more information, visit:

  • If I Was Turned down for Benefits Can I File an Unemployment Appeal?

    If you apply for unemployment and are disqualified or denied benefits, but you feel you are entitled to them you have the right to file an appeal.

    What You Need To Know

    • The state will advise you of your appeal rights.
    • You must file your appeal within an established time frame.
    • Your employer may…

    Read more

    Can I Collect Unemployment Benefits If I Quit My Job?

    Eligibility requirements for unemployment benefits according to the law focus on two main factors:

    • The state requirements for wages earned or time worked during an established period of time referred to as a “base period.”
    • You must be determined to be unemployed through no fault of your own.

    If you quit your job…

    Read more

    Can I Extend My Unemployment Benefits

    Unemployment insurance payments or benefits are intended to provide temporary financial assistance to unemployed workers who meet the requirements of state law.

    To continue to be eligible for unemployment benefits you need to comply with several requisites.

    These include:

    • You must file weekly or biweekly claims (after the week(s) has ended) and respond…

    Read more

    When Should I File for Unemployment Benefits?

    You should file for unemployment as soon as you are unemployed. If you are currently unemployed, you must contact your State Unemployment Insurance agency and apply.

    First, are you eligible?

    According to the law, in order to be considered “eligible” for unemployment benefits there are two main factors to be considered:

    • The state…

    Read more - All Rights reserved 2014