The unemployment rate of the state has decreased monthly since July 2013.
- July 2013: 7.1 percent
- August 2013: 7.0 percent
- September 2013: 6.9 percent
- October 2013: 6.8 percent
- November 2013: 6.5 percent
- December 2013: 6.2 percent
*Data provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (Seasonally adjusted).
According to figures issued by the Labor Market Information (LMI) as of December 2013, the top three occupations by number of job ads are: Registered Nurses, Retail Salespersons and Customer Service Representatives. Simultaneously, the three top employers by number of job ads are: Centura Health, University of Colorado and Vail Resorts.
The Colorado job growth from November 2013 to December 2013 was of 2,200 while the job growth from December 2012 to December 2013 was of 43,900.
The Occupational Employment Statistics (OES) Program, also performed by LMI in 2012, estimates that:
- The mean annual wage for Total All in Colorado in 2012 was $48,035.
- The estimated entry level annual wage was $21,047.
- The experienced annual wage was $61,528.
- Average employment in 2012 was 2,226,170.
- The mean annual wage for Management was $113,515.
- The mean annual wage for Food Preparation and Serving Related was 21,862.
*For the complete OES Program results, visit: https://colmigateway.com/vosnet/analyzer/results.aspx?session=oeswage.
The LMI produces official job market statistics for Colorado such as reports and websites on new jobs, unemployed persons, job vacancies, and wages.
To contact LMI:
Labor Market Information (LMI)
633 17th Street, Suite 600
Denver, CO 80202-3660