- Mailing address, city, state and ZIP code.
- The county where you reside in AZ.
- The names, addresses and phone numbers of all your employers for the last 18 months.
- The last day you worked immediately prior to filing the UI claim.
- If you received severance, vacation, holiday or payment for unused sick pay, give the amount (before deductions) and the date it was paid to you.
- Name and local number of union hall, if applicable.
- Alien registration number, if applicable.
- Copy # 4 of DD Form 214 if released from the military in the last 18 months.
- SF 8 or SF 50 if employed in federal civilian service in the last 18 months.
- If you are collecting a pension (other than Social Security), you need the start date of the pension and the monthly benefit amount.
Make sure you meet all eligibility conditions.
Eligibility can be defined by:
- Monetary eligibility.
- Reason for separation from your last employer.
- Receipt of vacation, dismissal, separation or sick pay.
- Other issues such as illness, injury, school attendance, failure to look for work, being out of area, not be willing or ready to accept work, and others. For more issues visit the AZDES website.
What if I’m fired, laid off or if I quit?
You must report if you are fired, quit your job or refuse work to the Arizona Department of Economic Security. In most cases, a worker must be out of work through no fault of their own to be eligible for benefits without penalty. If you have been fired or if you quit, it must be for a good reason. The Department will determine the eligibility based on the reason. There is no penalty or reduction in unemployment insurance benefits if you are laid off.
Once a claim has been received and approved, you will need to keep filing weekly claims to maintain eligibility. The weekly filing process can be done online or by mail.
If you have been denied benefits you have a right to appeal the decision. You may file an appeal by mail, fax, telephone, online or in person within the time period specified on the determination.
NOTE: If you have already applied and qualified for unemployment insurance benefits within the last year, you will need to reactivate an existing claim. You may do this online.
To file an Unemployment Insurance claim (UI) online visit AZDES directly.
To file an UI claim over the phone, contact the AZ Unemployment Insurance Call Center at:
- Toll-free: 1-877-600-2722
- Phoenix: 602-364-2722
- Tucson: 520-791-2722
- TDD (Telecommunications Device for the Deaf): 1-877-877-6226 toll-free
To find a One-Stop Center call toll-free 1-877-766-8477.
To find a DES Employment Service Office resource center visit their website here.
To file weekly claims online visit: www.azdes.gov