Other Resources for Alabama
• The Alabama Child Labor Law - The Alabama Child Labor Law was enacted to protect working minors. If you would like to read more about this topic visit this link.
• Military Employment – Alabama has a Department of Veterans Affairs to protect those who have served or are serving in the armed forces. To access this department, visit this website.
• Trade Act Program – This is a federal program established under the Trade Act of 1974 that provides aid to workers who lose their jobs or whose hours of work and wages are reduced as a result of increased imports. To learn more about it, visit here.
• Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC) – The Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC), which is a Federal tax credit administered by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), expired on January 1, 2014. For more information go here.
• Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) – Under The Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act of 1974, the President is authorized to provide benefit assistance to individuals unemployed as a direct result of a major disaster. You can access more information about this program by visiting this website.
• Alabama Unemployment Fraud – Fraud can take place when there is no reporting of all compensation for work performed while unemployment compensation is being paid, when help is received and you are not available for work, when working a job in another state and more. To find more information about Unemployment Fraud in Alabama go here.