What Documents Do I Need to File an Unemployment Claim in Alabama
To file an Unemployment Claim in the state of Alabama you will need these documents:
• Social Security number
• Driver’s license or Alabama ID number
• Alien Registration Card (if applicable)
• A list of names, complete addresses, and telephone numbers and the beginning and end dates of employment for your last two employers
• Information and related documents for any federal civilian employment, military service, or work performed in another state in the past 18 months
• Bank routing number and checking or savings account number
Once you file a claim it usually takes about two to three weeks following the week you filed a claim to receive your first benefit payment.
If you are approved for benefits, you will need to file weekly claim certifications.
To file weekly claims you will need your Social Security number and Personal Identification Number (PIN) that you established when you filed your unemployment claim.