Arizona Unemployment Required Documents Information 

What Documents Do I Need to File an Unemployment Claim in Arizona?

To file an Unemployment Claim (UI), you need the following information and documents:

  • Social Security number.
  • AZ driver’s license or AZ State issued ID.

*You may still complete your application without these two items.

  • Mailing address, city, state and ZIP code.
  • The county where you reside in AZ.
  • The names, addresses and phone numbers of all your employers for the last 18 months.
  • The last day you worked immediately prior to filing the UI claim.
  • If you received severance, vacation, holiday or payment for unused sick pay, give the amount (before deductions) and the date it was paid to you.
  • Name and local number of union hall, if applicable.
  • Alien registration number, if applicable.
  • Copy # 4 of DD Form 214 if released from the military in the last 18 months.
  • SF 8 or SF 50 if employed in federal civilian service in the last 18 months.
  • If you are collecting a pension (other than Social Security), you need the start date of the pension and the monthly benefit amount.

You will also need to make sure, you fulfill all eligibility requirements.

Eligibility can be defined by these factors:

  • Monetary eligibility.
  • Reason for separation from your last employer.
  • Receipt of vacation, dismissal, separation or sick pay.
  • Other issues such as illness, injury, school attendance, failure to look for work, being out of area, not being willing or ready to accept work, and others.

To file an UI Claim, you can apply online or by phone. If your claim is approved, you will need to maintain eligibility in order to keep receiving unemployment benefits.

To remain eligible:

  • File weekly claims.
  • Return the Certificate of Understanding UB-99Y.
  • Register with Employment Services. For more information, visit:
  • File a Wage Protest if your Wage Statement UB-107 has incorrect or missing information. For more information, visit:
  • If you have received any of the documents listed below, follow instructions and return the information requested:

o   UB-436

o   Eligibility Review Questionnaire UB-100

o   UB-192.

To file weekly claims you will need this information:

  • Personal Identification Number (PIN).
  • Reporting wages. If you need more information about this matter, visit:
  • Reason for separation from work. If the reason for leaving your job is other than lack of work, provide the name, address, telephone number of the employer you worked for on your weekly claim.
  • Record of work search for the week being claimed.



It is a felony to misrepresent or fail to disclose facts or to make false statements in order to obtain or increase benefits. The Arizona Department of Economic Security may take civil or criminal action against any individual involved in unemployment insurance fraud. The Department also performs audits regularly to prevent it. To report fraud visit: is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any government agency.