Delaware Unemployment Required Documents Information 

What Documents Do I Need to File an Unemployment Claim in Delaware

To file an Unemployment Claim in Delaware, you need to meet all eligibility requirements and provide proper documentation.

To be eligible, an individual must be:

  • Able to work.
  • Available for work.
  • Actively seeking work.
  • Monetarily eligible.
  • Unemployed through no fault of his or her own.
  • Registered for work with the Department of Employment and Training (unless exempt by law).


You must gather all necessary information and documents.

You will need:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Telephone number
  • Social Security card
  • Driver’s license
  • Work history (names and addresses of all employers over the last 18 months)
  • Reason for loss of job


If you are not a U.S. citizen, you will need:


  • Alien registration card
  • Form 1-551
  • Green card or alien documentation
  • Identification
  • Telecommunication card


In addition to everything listed above:


  • If you are a former military employee, provide form DD214 copy 4.
  • If you are a former federal civilian employee, provide forms 8 and 50.
  • If you belong to a union, provide the name and local number of union hall.


Continued Eligibility

To remain eligible, you must continue to file weekly claims and keep meeting certain requirements.

Requirements include being able to work, available for work, actively seeking work, unemployed through no fault of your own, monetarily eligible and registered for work with the Department of Employment and Training (unless exempt by law).


You can file a weekly claim online or over the phone using WebBenefits and TeleBenefits.

To use WebBenefits, you will need:

  • Social Security number
  • Personal Identification Number (PIN)
  • Work search log (unless exempt)

To access WebBenefits, visit:

To use TeleBenefits, you will need:

  • Current weekly claim information.
  • Work search log.
  • Personal Identification Number (PIN).

To access TeleBenefits, call 800-794-3032 or 302-761-6576. This service is available seven days a week, 24 hours per day.


It is against the law to omit or misrepresent facts and/or documents to qualify for Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefit payments.

You can report fraud, by calling the UI Fraud Hotline at 302-761-8397 or 302-761-8384.

When providing information about a suspect to the Department of Labor, give as much detailed information as possible. Consider answering the classic: who, what, where, when, why and how. is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any government agency.