Montana Unemployment Required Documents Information 

What Documents Do I Need to File an Unemployment Claim in Montana

When you file your claim you will be asked to provide some information to verify your identity and your work history. To avoid increasing waiting times unnecessarily, make sure you have all the information at hand when you call or go online to file your claim for your unemployment insurance benefits.

You will be asked to provide the following information:

  • Your Social Security Number

  • Your current mailing address, including zip code

  • Your telephone number with area code

  • Your email address

  • The complete name, address and phone number of all employers you have worked for in the past 18 months.

The claim filing system will also require you to provide a method of payment. If you choose to receive your money by direct deposit to your account, you will need to enter the account number and the banking routing number of the account in which you want your benefits payments deposited.

If you are an ex-military member you will also be requested to mail a copy of your DD214, Member 4 form to the Claims Processing Center. You may file your unemployment claim after your discharge date as show in the DD214, Member 4.

If you worked for the Federal Government, you should have your SF8 or SF50 with you when filing your claim, and if you obtain work through a union you have to specify the name and local number of your union hall. For non-citizens an alien registration card number and expiration date will be requested.

You should give accurate, true and complete information. Any anomalies could be reported as fraud which is severely penalized by Montana State legislation. Revise all your documents before filing your unemployment insurance claim, and make sure all your data matches the official documentation. is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any government agency.