Nebraska Unemployment Required Documents Information 

What Documents Do I Need to File an Unemployment Claim in Nebraska?

To file an unemployment claim in Nebraska you will need to have some information at hand in order to speed up the process and help you avoid mistakes. You will be asked personal information first to confirm your identity, and then you will have to enter information regarding your past employers so take into account the following list to prepare for your claim:

  • You will need to have your Social Security Number or Alien Registration Number.

  • You have to provide your full name and address including zip code and your telephone number.

  • If you live outside of the U.S., you are required to specify the name of the country you live in.

  • You will also need to have your driver’s license or ID card at hand to provide proof of identity.

  • If you are not a U.S. citizen, you will have to enter your employment authorization number and expiration date.

  • Claimants who have served in the military in the past 18 months are asked to mail a copy of the DD 214, Member 4 form.

  • If your payment method is direct deposit, you will need to provide your bank account and routing number.

Beside your personal information you will have to provide detailed information about your employers during the past 18 months. You will need:
  • The names and addresses of the companies you have worked for in the last 18 months.

  • The dates in which you started and ended your work for those companies.

  • The wages you earned with each of those employers and the periodicity of the payments –hourly, weekly, monthly.

  • The reasons you had to leave your job with each of those employers.

When filing weekly claims you will need to fill out some more information. You will be asked about your employment search contacts. Have the names and telephone numbers for all the work search contacts you made over the week. is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any government agency.