Nevada Unemployment Required Documents Information 

What Documents Do I Need to File an Unemployment Claim in Nevada?

You will be requested to answer a few questions about your previous employers and also provide some personal information. If you have the following documents handy, it will be simpler and quicker to file your unemployment insurance claim and get your benefits:

  • Your Social Security Number

  • Your full name including previous names and maiden names

  • Complete home mailing address, including ZIP code

  • Your telephone number including area code

  • Driver’s license number or ID card number

  • The company names for all your employers from the past 18 months as they appear on your paycheck stubs or W-2 forms

  • The complete name, address and phone number of all employers you have worked for in the past 18 months.

  • Your start and end dates with each employer you worked for in the past 18 months including month, day, and year.

  • Your total wages earned with each employer and the periodicity of your salary

  • Your reason for leaving each of your previous jobs

If you served in the military in the past 18 months, you should also mail a copy of your DD 214, Member 4 form to the following address:

Nevada Department of Employment, Training & Rehabilitation
500 E. Third Street
Carson City, NV 89713

Once you complete your initial claim, you will receive a Personal Identification Number and a password. Make sure to keep this information safe since you will need it when filing your weekly unemployment insurance claims, which are mandatory in order to receive your benefits.

All this information should be complete, accurate and true. The Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation will double check the data you provided against official records from the Social Security Administration. Any information different from the real one as it appears in the official documentation, will be taken as an attempt of fraud. Avoid inconveniences by verifying the data on all your documents before filing your claim. is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any government agency.