New Hampshire Unemployment Required Documents Information 

What Documents Do I Need to File an Unemployment Claim in New Hampshire?

Before calling or entering the site to file your unemployment benefits claim, make sure you have the following personal information handy:

  • Your Social Security Number

  • Address (mailing and home address)

  • Telephone Number

  • Email Address

  • Amount of separation, holiday, sick, or retirement pay you received or will receive

You will also need to provide specific information about each employer you worked for in the past 18 months including:
  • Complete name and address of each employer.

  • Payroll address if different.

  • Employer’s telephone number with area code.

  • Beginning and ending dates of employment (day, month and year).

  • Number of hours worked and pay rate if you worked this week (including Sunday).

  • Reason why you are no longer working for employer.

There are some additional requirements for specific situations. If you are not a U.S. citizen, you will be required to provide an Alien Registration Number. If you were in the military during the past year you should fill out form DD-214, member 4 copy.

In order to use the online system you will need to create a username and password, which you will have to provide each time you access the site. If you forget this password, you may recover it by clicking the FORGOT PASSWORD link at the login page. You will be asked to answer the security questions you established when you registered and then the system will generate a temporary password.

Always provide accurate information to avoid inconveniences later on. All data received is processed and double checked with your employers and employment data from the Department of Labor and the Social Security Administration. Any omissions or inaccuracies may be investigated as fraud, so try to provide complete and truthful information. is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any government agency.