South Carolina Unemployment Required Documents Information 

What documents do I Need to file an unemployment claim South Carolina

There will be certain information and documentation required when you file a claim for unemployment in South Carolina. This documentation and/or information is a vital part of determining whether you are eligible to receive unemployment benefits in South Carolina at all. Luckily, most of this information will be things that you already know. You may have to look up some information on an employer you had a while ago, or provide additional documentation if you are a federal employee, served in the military or are not a U.S. citizen. However, the rest of the information is pretty easy to remember, or at least retrieve.

Below is a list of the information and/or documentation you will need to file an unemployment claim in the state of South Carolina:

  • Social Security Number

  • Address

  • Phone Number

  • Work history covering the past 18 months, with all of the following information included:

    • Business name

    • Business Address

    • Business Phone number

    • Salary at each employer.

  • Alien registration number, if you are not a citizen.

  • Provide a DD-214 form if you have served in the military during the past 18 months

  • Provide an SF-50 or SF-8 form if you are a federal civilian employee.

  • Make sure to get all of this information together before you start the process to file an unemployment claim. If you start the application and then need to go look for any of this information or documents, then your application may timeout online, or you may be asked to call back when you are fully prepared by the representative on the phone. This would be purely due to long wait times. Starting the process all over again can be very tedious, so make sure you are prepared before you even start.

    If you have any further questions regarding the documentation and/or information you need to provide in order to file an unemployment claim in South Carolina, then you can call the TelClaim center and ask a representative for help. That number is 1-866-831-1724. is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any government agency.